Rss Feed

Disney Social Media Moms Celebration PHOTOS

February 16, 2010 by Leanne

The Disney Social Media Moms Celebration officially wrapped up four nights ago and I’m still in recuperation stage.  Although today I finally was able to put in a full work day without zoning out. My apologies to my online friends because I have not been keeping up with the content demand. And I’m so thrilled about you visiting my site. I’ve never had so many comments on any one post before and it really thrills me to no end. (Insert giddy smile here.)

I still need some time to gather my thoughts for a coherent blog post on the entire event. I’ve been visiting some of the site from the bloggers who attended and I am so impressed with their writing talents and amount of content they publish.  Janice and Susan from 5 Minutes For Mom are simply amazing!  Their energy levels are through the roof and it shows in their website.

While I gather my thoughts, here are some photos from the event. These are a compilation of my pictures, plus photos from Preston Mack – the official Disney photographer on Friday, and Josh Hallet of hyku.com who attended Thursday’s breakfast with Guy Kawasaki.

Kathy

Kathy Ireland captivated the audience with her eloquent presentation.

Leanne and Kathy

Backstage with Kathy Ireland. What a beautiful person she is!

Meg

Walt Disney World Resort President Meg Crofton welcomed the moms to the first ever Social Media Moms Celebration.

Maxine Clark

Maxine Clark, founder and Chief Executive Bear of Build-A-Bear Workshop delivered the opening presentation that set the tone for the rest of the day.

Guy RotundaCool shot of the American Adventure rotunda where Guy Kawasaki presented. Photo compliments of Josh Hallett, hyku.com

MarissaMarissa Jaret Winokur had the crowd laughing with her creative presentation on how she uses social media.

Brogan Moms 021110Chris Brogan and moms from the conference at Epcot on Thursday nights.

ChrisBrogan Me 021210Chris Brogan and me at the end of the day’s events on Friday. Muppets 021110Oh yeah – the Muppets showed up for the festivities, too!

Ty Pennington 021110ABC’s Extreme Home Makeover star Ty Pennington at Thursday’s Volunteer Family Celebration event at Epcot.

NEW WORLD RECORD SET AT DISNEYThe new Guinness World Record for structure made out of canned food. The food was all packaged up and distributed to local food banks in Florida and Georgia, enough to feed 70,000 meals!

No TweetBacks yet. (Be the first to Tweet this post)

18 Comments »

1. Sandy Jenney says:

You got some great shots!!

2. Bay says:

Thanks for sharing your photos and for all of your hard work at this event! We had an awesome time! I agree, it takes some time to try to think of everything to say; I just put up one #DisneySMmoms post and I have three more to write! :)
    <3 Bay

3. AJ says:

Just found your blog, and I’m so glad I did! What a great collection of photos! I’m already eagerly awaiting next years conference. Now go get some rest! :-)

4. Great pics, Leanne! I had a blast at the conference. Hoping it becomes an annual event because I’d love to do it again!

5. Amy says:

wonderful pictures of a wonderful event. Thanks for all of your hard work!

6. Audrey - Mom Generations says:

I love the photos – you captured the conference beautifully!! Thanks for including the photo of Chris and the moms! It was such a pleasure meeting you… you did a remarkable job!!

7. Wonderful photos!If I didn’t know u, I would have thought you were another super model next to Kathy Ireland! :) So great meeting you in person and being a part of the Disney Social Mom Community. Thank you Leanne!

8. Fantastic shots!

I love the picture of the American Adventure rotunda… how cool.

If you like you can add your pictures to the DisneySMMoms Flickr group I created

Thank you again for everything!!!

9. Hey Leanne,

Look at this flickr stream. It’s from Lynne Ronemous (I think I spelled that right); she was one of us Disney bloggers, and she took some amazing shots! Maybe you can use one or two if you do any more blogging on the conference:

10. Leanne,
    Great shots from a stellar event! One of my favorite things about it (aside from all the great speakers and amazing food:) was the professional courtesy Disney showed the bloggers from start to finish. The languaging used in consistently referring to us as “Media”, and the inclusion in mainstream press events, really made the event stand out in my book.

Far too often companies want to work with bloggers as a press outlet without granting bloggers the same benefits or credentials as press, and I really appreciated the consistency across media outlets- it spoke volumes about your organization and its perception of new media.

Thank you for all of your hard work on the event, as well as all the other cast members- everyone I met was fabulous!

Best, Lindsay

11. [...] out the Disney Social Media Moms Flickr stream, a picture of two of my closest friends and me, and one of some lucky moms with Chris Brogan. Can you see Alyssa and Colin peeking from behind in that last one? Miss you already, [...]

12. Thank you for a wrap up. I was supposed to go and am still bummed I missed but atleast I can ‘be a part’ through your post.

13. Debra Muccio says:

WOW….that breakfast shot is amazing in Epcot’s American Adventure Rotunda! :-)

14. oh amanda says:

So cool, Leanne! I can’t believe the Muppets were there1 *sigh*

15. Leanne J says:

Thank you all for your comments. I will add the photos to the Flickr stream but please be aware you can download them as well from: http://www.wdwpress.com/disneysmmoms These are the photos taken by the photographer Preston Mack specifically for the conference.

16. Kelly says:

Thanks for the photos and all your hard work. It was truly an amazing conference.

17. [...] photos frm the 2010 event can be seen over at the WDWPress site for DisneySMMoms, and more over at Leanne’s blog too. This should give you some added excitement for what is ahead in March of [...]